Alumni Communications & Events Officer
Alumni Communications & Events Officer - Part Time (28hours over 4 or 5 days)
£29,000 - £34,000
A fantastic opportunity to join a University of Oxford College as an Alumni Communications and Events Officer.
Due to an increase in activity, my client is looking for an Alumni Communications and Events Officer to join their wider Development Team. This role is responsible for enabling the delivery of an outstanding supporter experience and, in turn, deepening our relationship with our alumni and friends. The role is tactical as well as strategic, working closely with the Development Director and College senior leadership in the development of a comprehensive stewardship strategy, with the aim of delivering bespoke donor journeys to all our supporters, resulting in stronger, long-term partnerships and therefore increased funding.
- Creating and delivering the strategy to provide bespoke, engaging donor communications, and unique experiences.
- Create, manage and deliver a wide portfolio of large, and more intimate, alumni events, in and outside College.
- Working with the Development Director to design and implement a stewardship strategy, which demonstrates and recognises our supporters' impact, resulting in stronger partnerships
- Implement a refreshed approach to thanking through designing a suite of bespoke stewardship tools, such as a calendar of stewardship communications and an events programme, that provide a profound and enjoyable supporter experience.
- To manage a portfolio of events for alumni and friends of the College, commensurate with the reputation for high standards of hospitality that the College enjoys.
- Attendance at events throughout the year, some of which will be in the evening or at weekends (for which time off in lieu will be granted) as well as some being outside Oxford.
- To use creativity in reviewing, developing and taking ownership of delivery of the stewardship strategy and accompanying processes.
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with alumni, and being the first port of call for alumni enquires, and supporting with alumni requests
- Extensive experience organising high-profile events
- Proven experience in providing outstanding stewardship to either individuals or organisations
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management experience
- Proven success in managing high-value relationships, ideally in a fundraising context
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Experience of development strategies and supporting development functions
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines through effective prioritisation
- Good working knowledge of major gifts fundraising, stewardship communications and recognition in a charity or higher education setting
If you are looking to join one of the most highly sought after University of Oxford Colleges in an intrinsic Alumni engagement role, please get in touch! [mailto:] / 01865 972130
Apply for Alumni Communications & Events Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly