We’re looking for a passionate digital lead to help us shape the future of our industry.
40 million people wear spectacles in the UK alone, but the optical industry hasn’t changed enough in three centuries. Products are tired, standards are mediocre, and the experience is dull. We’re going to change that.
We’ve built a brilliant brand, a new best-in-class website, patent pending technology, a brand-new HQ, and have an outstanding net promoter score (89) - and we’re ready for the next stage of our journey.
We’re looking for an experienced, hungry and self motivated person to come in and run our Digital team – as we seek to use technology to revolutionise the process of buying spectacles, and grow our digital from 20% to 40% of our business.
This won't be easy, but it's a unique opportunity to build something truly tremendous.
This is a key Leadership and Board position, reporting to the CEO.
What you’ll be responsible for
The Digital Director is much more than just running an exceptional website - although this is of course a key element. You’ll have full autonomy and responsibility for all our digital and technology activities - the core part of our strategy over the next 5 years.
The role covers three broad areas -
- eCommerce - We’ve recently replatformed to a beautifully designed Shopify Plus site. You will ultimately be responsible for overseeing all activity related to the site, including:
- Acquisition: Managing all page acquisition activities
- Optimisation: Constantly improve the product conversion funnel from category view to product page
- Trading: Drive the trading calendar on-site including updates to all relevant pages
- CRM: managing all CRM activity (Klaviyo)
- Site projects: Manage end to end projects that help to enhance the customer experience on-site, working with development agencies as appropriate
- Reporting: Developing regular reporting on trading and performance KPIs, working directly with the CEO, and presenting performance at board level
- Budgeting: Taking full ownership of the [Register to View]
- Technology - We firmly believe that we have a unique opportunity to use technology to fundamentally change the way people choose, buy and own spectacles. We’ve spent the last two years developing our patent pending technology, The Cubitts App - currently as an iOS App, but ultimately a browser based, machine learning driven tool. This vertically integrated App matches users to production, and we genuinely believe it can revolutionise our industry. As part of your role you would:
- Manage the roadmap development of the app, working with our internal team of Product Managers but also remote developers - including setting budgets
- Integrate the technology across the company, including [Register to View] our stores and our bespoke workshop
- Continually identify and develop new and emerging technologies to improve the customer experience - such as remote testing, browser based customisation tools, etc
- Manage the tech stack of the business
- Customer Experience - We already have an outstanding customer service team with a World Class NPS. You would
- Manage and develop an already established team to continually improve the customer experience
- Continually test, learn and improve the customer journey
- Implement a truly proactive customer centric approach
- Build out a customer experience team that serves an increasingly global audience
What you’ll have
- 8+ years within an eCommerce role, encompassing acquisition, trading, CRM and development
- Proven experience of working with technological development, ideally bringing to market new digital functionality or Apps, and managing development teams
- Proven optimisation credentials, ideally with Shopify Plus or a similar best-in-class eCommerce platform
- A strong aesthetic and design slant, consistent with the brand
- A proven ability to execute, and an impatience to get things done
- Experience working with direct-to-consumer e-commerce brands
- Experience working with both qualitative customer insights and quantitative customer data to inform decision making
- Deeply committed to the highest standards with a relentless drive for consistency in quality and detail
- Demonstrated leadership, with proven success in hiring, developing and leading high performing teams
Some nice things you’ll get
- Company stock options under an approved EMI scheme
- Bespoke holiday allowance
- A personal aspiration and development plan – we reserve 1% of our revenue for training and development
- Complementary spectacles including the chance to make your own
- Monthly Yoga classes
- Many team socials